Sarah and I kept ourselves busy the past few days with a variety of chores and fun activities.

Thursday night, Sarah’s office Christmas party was held at one of the local bars. The food at that particular bar is nothing special, but the beer is brewed on-site and decent, so we had at least one thing to look forward to. In addition, many of Sarah’s co-workers are interesting people which led to some interesting dinner table conversation. On the way to the pub, we drove by a place named “Yes Buffet.” My immediate thought was to open up a restaurant named “No Buffet” right next door. No Buffet would have a stricly ala carte menu with absolutely…

No Buffet.

Friday and Saturday night, we saw the UW Badgers men’s hockey team beat the team from the University of Minnesota-Duluth. We both enjoy the hockey games, and we enjoy them even more when the Badgers win.

Saturday morning, we drove over to the UW Stock Pavilion to buy a Christmas Tree. We bought a seven foot Fraser fir tree for our living room.

In afternoon while Sarah studied, I did some electrical work in the basement. All of the lights were pull chain lights, which is both ugly and inconvenient. So, I replaced a pair of the pull chain light with lights that are activated by light-switches. In addition, I rewired some things that were badly/incorrectly wired. In the latter part of the afternoon, Sarah and I decorated the Christmas tree together. It had been three years since we decorated a big, real tree. The past couple of years we’ve either had no tree, or just a little artificial tree. The tree we bought looks really nice in a corner of the living room. If I had a digital camera, I’d post a picture here for people to see. As it is, you’ll just have to take my word for it.

This morning, we spent some time geocaching before breakfast. We looked for one micro cache for quite some time but never did find it. After trying for a while, we decided to give it a rest and try to find a different cache. That cache gave us much less trouble and we were successful finding it. At least we didn’t go home completely empty handed.

While Sarah was at school working in one of the labs, Dalla and I went for a walk to one of the local parks. We took in the view from a high-point, and walked home.